CONSIDER THESE NUMBERS
- 30-40% of Internet surfing on the job is not business related. (source: IDC)
- Nearly 70% of all Internet porn traffic occurs during business hours. (source: SexTracker)
- Over 35% of workers say they surf the web constantly at work (source: vault.com)
- Pornography downloaded at work fuels lawsuits for sexual harassment.
- Illegal music downloads bring fines or criminal prosecution.
- File-sharing programs waste bandwidth and exposes you to copyright infringement penalties.
- Social networking and video sites (MySpace, YouTube, etc.) waste time and network resources.
- Shopping sites occupy hours of employee time-- time you are paying for.
- Personal webmail accounts cannot be monitored, increasing security risks.
- Spyware hidden inside "free" web toolbars and utilities cause network outages and data loss.
- "Phishing" websites collect passwords to enable theft and fraud against your business.
THE BOTTOM LINE While many websites targeted at business usage provide safe and secure business environments, an increasing number of websites and Internet applications targeting personal usage are hosts to spyware, viruses, and other Internet threats. As such, unauthorized personal Web browsing poses not only a threat to personal productivity but to the security of the network as a whole.
SOLUTION: Sekweta Content Filtering Stop employees from using your network for personal or illegal activities with Sekweta's powerful, effective content filtering services. Whether you have 2 employees or 2,000, we keep obscene, illegal, dangerous and undesirable content off your network, preventing legal problems and giving you one less thing to worry about. There is no software to install, and no equipment to purchase. The filtering process is fully managed by Sekweta for an easy, complete plug-and-play solution to a growing problem.