WHY BACKUPS ARE SO IMPORTANT: Which of these could you afford to lose without warning?
- Accounting Records
- Customer Lists
- Employee Records
- Sales History
- Business Intelligence
- Documents and Spreadsheets
- Marketing Materials
- Critical Software
- Archives - Documents, Images, Data Repositories
EXCUSES FOR NOT MAKING BACKUPS: Do any of these sound familiar?
- I never thought about it. Too many business
owners don't think about backups until after they suffer a loss of data.
- I'm not a tech person and don't know what to do. Sekweta
can manage the backups for you, leaving you free to concentrate on your business.
- Backups are too much trouble. How much trouble
is losing your files from a hard drive crash?
- I paid a lot of money for a good server that won't break down.
Expensive servers do fail sometimes, and a high pricetag does not guard against fire or theft.
- I have a surge protector so lightning won't hurt my server.That's a good
start, but surge protection does not guard against fire, theft, human error, or hard drive failures.
- I trust my employees. Most business owners do, but that is
no protection from a disgruntled employee. Here is a recent example:
Fox News: Angry Employee Deletes All of Company's Data.
- A consultant takes care of my network. Make sure nightly backups are being performed. Many consultants handle break-fix or network management, but do not include off-site nightly backups.
ONLY HALF THE STORY: Performing backups is a great first step, but once created they must be moved off premises. A backup tape or CD left in a drawer gives a false sense of security, and so do backups which are not verified for data integrity. It's bad enough to suffer a data loss, but it's worse to discover your backups are corrupt, rendering the data unrecoverable when you need it most.
Why Managed Off-Site Backups Make Sense. Backups are critical, but they can be difficult to manage, and must be kept off-premises for maximum security. Sekweta can fully manage your backups, so you can focus on growing your business.
Please read more about our Managed Backup Services and Off-Site Data LockBoxes for low-cost bulk file storage.